By: Lynette La Mere, Owner of Pure Joy Catering
This was exciting! Brides magazine called from New York. They are asking 6 wedding caterers across the country just what we thought the Next Big Thing in wedding catering was. That was an easy question for me! Here’s the details if you haven’t seen the issue yet (it’s the fall/winter issue of Bride’s Magazine Southern California)
- Next “it” cuisine? Pure Joy Answer: Local, sustainable produce and seafood.
- What is the new “poached salmon”? Pure Joy Answer: Grilled local vegetables stacked with polenta and halibut. The presentation provides an impressive ‘wow’ factor.
- What is the next “It” hors d’eouvre? Pure Joy Answer: “Naughty” comfort foods! Sinfully delicious ‘junk food’ dishes served in small portions, like our New ‘Southern Belles’—juicy slow-roasted barbecue pork on freshly-baked mini corn muffins.
- Now upstaging cupcakes…Pure Joy Answer: (What could upstage Cupcakes?!, the Pure Joy Cupcakes are legendary, especially the German Chocolate!) But if something could it would be our Demi Mugs of Turkish Coffee Crème Brûlée served with a Chocolate-Dipped demi spoon.
- Guests are loving?…Pure Joy Answer: S’mores stations! The classic S’mores are the most requested but add yummy cookies and a variety of marshmallow flavors for a twist.