Location Spotlight: Fess Parker Winery
By: Felici Events
Driving north along the pastoral Foxen Canyon Wine Trail feels like traveling back to California’s early days. Rolling hills frame vast meadows, deer and wildlife roam free, and pristine landscapes stretch as far as the eye can see.
Completed in 1994, the winery and tasting room are loosely designed after an Australian sheep station, with a grand stone fireplace, stone floors, and a wraparound veranda with picnic tables.
The spacious complex is set amid an acre of meticulously landscaped grounds that border the vineyard. The amphitheater-style lawn, rimmed by mature oaks, provides a serene setting for picnics, summer evening performances by Shakespeare Santa Barbara, and other events.
Indoors, visitors taste the latest vintages at a worn knotty pine bar, surrounded by photos of Fess Parker as Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone and other memorabilia related to the actor’s television roles.
This is a Ceremony and Reception or Reception Only Venue
For more information on pricing and availability contact:
Pricing: $$$ (per person menu / food and beverage + site fee)
Site fee: $5,000
Capacity: 200 guests
Areas: Tent Pad, Mercella Garden, Lawn Area
Restrooms: Need to be provided by Client
Requirements: We require that all weddings hire a professional day-of wedding coordinator.
Bridal Dressing Room: There is a private room located within the Barrel Room for the bridal party to use while getting ready for the event and to store their personal belongings.
Time Allotments: 5PM-10PM
Catering: You may hire any certified caterering service that you would like. The caterer must supply all staff for food service, bar service, set up of equipment, break-down of equipment, clean-up of kitchen and grounds, etc.
Parking: There is sufficient parking at Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard for up to 200 guests. Parking is allowed in designated areas only and location will be communicated with signage at the front gate. No overnight parking is permitted.
Music: Amplified music is permitted on the property; however, FPW reserves the right to terminate the music if complaints are received. All music must end by 10:00 p.m., NO EXCEPTIONS.
Alcohol Policy: Outside beer is permitted for the use of events, but only Fess Parker Wine is allowed to be served. No spirits are allowed to be served during an event.
What is Provided: The winery includes the exclusive use of our site. We do not provide any tables, chairs, linens, decorations, etc.
Decorations: No non-organic confetti, glitter, rice, bird seed, and/or straw/hay are permitted. Pets are not allowed in the tasting room/barrel room. All hung décor must be applied using rope, floral wire and/or zip ties. All outside décor/equipment must be removed after the event. FPW Photos and tasting room displays cannot be removed.
Event Insurance: Fess Parker Winery requires a Commercial and General Liability Certificate of Insurance covering the date of the event in the amount of $1,000,000. Fess Parker Winery 6200 Foxen Canyon Rd. Los Olivos, CA. 93441 must be named as an additional insured and proof of insurance must be received thirty days prior to the event.
Cancellation Policy: The $1,000 security deposit is non-refundable in the case of a cancellation once the contract has been sent out. Any deposits on site fee thereafter are also non-refundable. After the completion of the contracted event, paid security deposit will be applied against wine consumption.
Location Address: 6200 Foxen Canyon Rd. Los Olivos, CA. 93441
PURE JOY MOLE & A COCOA INSPIRED FIRESTONE EVENT
~ FIRESTONE PAIRING MENU ~
First Course ~ Paired with Firestone 2011 Reserve Chardonnay
*Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Crème Fraichè Swirl, a drizzle of Cinnamon Cocoa Oil & Fresh Chives
*Baskets of Small Heart Cornmeal Biscuits with Ramekins of Herb Pressed Butter
Second Course ~ Paired with Firestone 2011 Rose
Radicchio and Butter Lettuce
Walnut Cocoa Vinaigrette
Caciotta Al Tartufo
Third Course ~ Paired with Firestone 2010 Syrah, Clone 174
Shredded Chicken Cocoa Mole with Golden Plantain Garnish and Toasted Almond and Current Rice
Dessert – Paired with Firestone 2009 Ambassador
*Candied Hazelnut and Bittersweet Chocolate Semifreddo
Lynette La Mere of Pure Joy Catering is always ready with some helpful planning ideas for just about any special occasion. Always generous with her talents and her recipes–be sure to check out the Pure Joy blog for more delectable and decadent, DIY treats for Super Bowl 2013! Here are just a couple of the mouth-watering bites that you will find (a little sweet, a little savory–just perfect!). Honestly, I’m not sure if I can wait until the Super Bowl to try out the brownie recipe . . . Yum!
Article by Lynette La Mere, Executive Chef Pure Joy Catering
Published in Jan 2013 Food & Home Magazine
I have tried all the brownie recipes you can imagine and these are still my favorite.
8 oz. butter
5 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
2 1 /2 cups sugar
1 “shy” cup flour (take out 1 Tbl.)
1 /4 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. Vanilla
1 /2 cup walnuts, toasted & chopped
3 /4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 inch baking pan. Melt gently over low heat in a small sauce pan the butter and unsweetened chocolate cubes. Take off the heat and add the sugar, eggs flour, salt, vanilla, walnuts and the chocolate chips. Fold together with a rubber spatula and then scrape out into the prepared pan and bake till just pulling away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 minutes.
By Lynette La Mere, Executive Chef Pure Joy Catering
These are addictive; I can’t tell you how many people say “I don’t like mushrooms but these are amazing!”
2 1/2 lb medium sized mushrooms
1 lb bacon, crisped and crumbled
1/2 lb soft goat cheese (room temperature)
2 bunches of fresh chives (reserve a fat pinch of them for garnish)
1/2 lb cream cheese (room temperature)
shot Worcestershire sauce
pinch cayenne pepper
Wipe mushrooms clean and pop off the stems. Gently blend all of the ingredients. Fill mushroom caps with a small scoop each, it’s ok to heap the filling, it won’t melt out. Put them on a rimmed sheet pan. You can hold them here at this point one or two days refrigerated & bake them later if you want.
When needed, bake them at 350 degrees uncovered with a couple spoons of water in the pan to keep them moist during cooking until the cheese is colored just a bit, about 15 minutes.
Photos and Recipes via: Pure Joy Catering Blog
2012 Locations Recap (& why we love them)
By: Felici Events
Here is a year in review of the locations we’ve shared with you in the last year, and why it gets a Felici-Fied stamp of approval.
- Arts and Letter’s Cafe - Outdoors, downtown, romantic and charming. (reception only)
- Bacara Resort & Spa - Gaviota Coast, dynamic, stunning ceremony views, The Rotunda, unique function space (ceremony & reception)
- Condor Ridge Ranch - Incredible views, private, well maintained, dynamic 15 miles North of Santa Barbara (ceremony & reception)
- Demetria Estate Winery - Santa Ynez, private, lush backdrop, great wine! (ceremony & reception)
- El Paseo Restaurant - Downtown, Mexican Plaza style setting and decor, open space. Renown Sunday (farewell) brunch location (reception only)
- Padaro Beach Grill - Carpinteria, beachfront, unassuming, delicious American Grill food, great place to watch the sunset. (reception only)
- San Ysidro Ranch - Montecito, private, exclusive, luxury, iconic, historic, pretty spectacular. (ceremony & reception)
- Stella Mare’s - It’s unique glass structure and character French Countryside Decor (reception only)
- Sandpiper Golf Course – Have you been out to the 9th hole? STUNNING views! (ceremony & reception)
- Santa Barbara Trolley - Unique form of transportation reflecting Santa Barbara’s quaintness, great backdrop for wedding pictures (transportation)
- Tres Hermanas Winery - Gorgeous property including a lush park-like setting and the barn, well maintained. Great Wine! (ceremony and reception)
- The University Club - Iconic Santa Barbara estate-like venue. Downtown, with music allowed until 11:30p (ceremony & reception)
- The Wine Cask - Downtown, outdoors, great food and wine list! Perfect for smaller receptions and rehearsal dinner. (reception only)
- Zaca Creek Ranch - Rustic and private, the barn, canyon views. (ceremony and reception)
- Zaytoon – Outdoors, downtown, great for socializing and unique atmosphere, delicious Middle Eastern Cuisine, perfect for a rehearsal dinner (reception only)